top of page

New Citizens Will Be Able to Seamlessly Request Social Security Updates

Starting April 1, applicants filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, will have the option to request an original or replacement Social Security number (SSN) or card and update their immigration status with the Social Security Administration (SSA) without having to visit an SSA office.

Using the new edition of Form N-400 (edition date 04/01/24) will be able to request an SSN or replacement card when submitting Form N-400.

New citizens may no longer need to visit an SSA field office to apply for an SSN or replacement card or to provide documentation as evidence of their new U.S. citizenship status.

Applicants who use the 09/17/19E edition of Form N-400 will not have this option as the SSA questions are only included in the 04/01/24 edition.

The 04/01/24 edition of the Form N-400 will be available for online filing on April 1.

164 views0 comments


bottom of page